Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My iPad

I've been a long time proponent of Apple. I think their products are innovative, well thought out and in many aspects, revolutionary to the technology industry.

I wasn't sure that the iPad would be one of those revolutionary feats. I was wrong. Since its release not only have the tablets taken the mobile data world by storm but they seem to be the future of "must have" portable hardware. Against, my better judgement and mostly due to an expensive curiosity, I bought the iPad.

My initial guilt and regret for the self indulgent gift quickly dissapaited as I started to navigate through the world apple has created for its mobile users. There is a seemingly never ending stream of apps, both useful and entertaining. The visual display is nothing short of stunning; dwarfing even the high resolution screen on my smart phone. A library of books that would rival any Barnes & Noble and finally, an operating system that runs flawlessly, much like any other iOS Apple has created thus far.

The only draw backs were minor and not nearly enough to deter my elated inner child. The unit itself is cumbersome initially and it takes some getting used to holding. However, after the purchase of a nice third party case I found some very comfortable positions for reading, surfing, and gaming. My suggestion is to buy a versatile case that allows you to place the unit in multiple positions both handheld and standalone. The only other downside I can find is that you are limited to whatever software limitations Apple has set. This is nothing new unless you're a first-time Apple buyer. That being said, the mind-blowing graphics and software far outweigh the restrictions Apple has set.

I am part of a generation that has seen more technological advances in the last fifteen years than the preceding one-hundred and fifty years. I'm convinced that this will be one of the pieces we look back on and recognize as an important stepping stone to our predetermined Hollywood dream of flying cars and universal health care.

Runkle out!

No comments:

Post a Comment